SLU Pundit

The weblog of Kevin Boyd, a student at Southeastern Louisiana University

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

ABC News: Rather to Resign 'CBS Evening News' Post

Dan Rather leaves 'CBS Evening News'. However, he says he'll remain as an investigative reporter for '60 Minutes'.

Rather, 73, will become a correspondent for both editions of "60 Minutes," saying he looked forward to "pouring my heart" into investigative reporting.


After the Bush AWOL story, I think Rather staying on as an investigative reporter would be a problem.

Rather has long been a target of critics who accused him of a liberal bias, and there's even a Web site devoted to that notion. The National Guard story sent those critics into overdrive. Rather's announcement Tuesday led one Republican congressman from Pennsylvania to issue a statement saying, in effect, good riddance.

"Dan Rather has been a legend in media for more than a quarter-century to many people around the world, but not to me," Rep. Bill Shuster said. "For the entirety of his career, Rather has allowed his liberal bias to shape the news rather than report it."


What liberal bias?



8 Comments:

At April 19, 2005 at 10:17 PM, Blogger Dana said...

I just found your blog. I, too, am blogging about politics (local and national) here in Slidell. I'm adding you to my blogroll.

 
At August 9, 2005 at 11:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reading your blog and I figured you'd be interested in advancing your life a bit, call us at 1-206-339-5106. No tests, books or exams, easiest way to get a Bachelors, Masters, MBA, Doctorate or Ph.D in almost any field.

Totally confidential, open 24 hours a day.

Hope to hear from you soon!

 
At February 9, 2006 at 2:37 PM, Blogger mandyingals9725407717 said...

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. My blog is just about my day to day life, as a park ranger. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

http://www.juicyfruiter.blogspot.com

 
At March 13, 2006 at 11:09 PM, Blogger Brig said...

nice blog.. its nice to find one thats very factual and gives sources... ha mine's not political so dont bother reading it.. but i like yours

 
At October 2, 2006 at 6:36 AM, Blogger anton3alana said...

hey, I just got a free $500.00 Gift Card. you can redeem yours at Abercrombie & Fitch All you have to do to get yours is Click Here to get a $500 free gift card for your backtoschool wardrobe

 
At October 2, 2006 at 7:23 PM, Blogger chx2e15 said...

hey, I just got a free $500.00 Gift Card. you can redeem yours at Abercrombie & Fitch All you have to do to get yours is Click Here to get a $500 free gift card for your backtoschool wardrobe

 
At October 4, 2006 at 1:25 AM, Blogger joesmith74314203 said...

hey, I just got a free $500.00 Gift Card. you can redeem yours at Abercrombie & Fitch All you have to do to get yours is Click Here to get a $500 free gift card for your backtoschool wardrobe

 
At October 9, 2006 at 7:17 AM, Blogger pp6bfv59xtnu said...

hey, I just got a free $500.00 Gift Card. you can redeem yours at Abercrombie & Fitch All you have to do to get yours is Click Here to get a $500 free gift card for your backtoschool wardrobe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home